become a mentor
The Benefits of Mentoring
A recent study conducted by the California Mentor Foundation found that:
- 98% of the youths paired with mentors stayed in school
- 85% of the youths who had a mentor did not use drugs
- 98% of teens match with a mentor avoided pregnancy
- 98% of the youths who had a mentor avoided gang activity.
Become a Mentor
We are in danger of losing our future one child at a time. This is why the CARES Mentoring Movement is crucial. But we can not operate without people like you who volunteer their time to become mentors for these at-risk kids. Here are some chilling facts:
- In some cities, only 18% of African-American males graduate from high school.
- 57% of African-American fourth grade students are functionally illiterate.
- 2.4 million African-American children have at least one parent in prison.
- Complications from HIV/AIDS is the leading cause of death among young African-American women.
- Homicide is the leading cause of death amoung young African-American males.
- Every day more than 1,000 African-American teenagers are arrested.
Behind all these sobering statistics are real, at-risk children and adolescents who desperately need the guidance that a mentor like you can provide. Mentoring has been proven to work. Join us and help reverse thse disturbing trends.
Enter your zip code above to find a mentoring opportunity in your community!